The core objectives of the CFI are to:
- stimulate research activity in finance and investment at Heriot-Watt including visiting speakers, research seminars and acquiring funding.
- increase the relevance of the research by seeking advice from practitioners in the Scottish financial community.
- distribute and publicise the research results, both by traditional academic methods and in ways that are accessible to practitioners.
- promote the study and understanding of finance and investment through practitioner presentations and input to taught courses and research.
- encourage an interdisciplinary approach to research in this area bringing together colleagues from across Heriot-Watt University.
- develop the PhD community in finance and investment and encourage doctoral students to participate in the CFI.