Our research has a strong emphasis on engagement with industry and is particularly focused on the areas of financial markets and corporate finance. Much of our output tackles real-world financial problems.
Through collaboration with our industry-based advisory group we ensure that our research remains relevant to the sector and is practically orientated.
The CFI has key expertise in:
- Financial markets and investment, particularly performance of investment managers and investment strategies
- Capital structure and corporate finance
- Corporate disclosure practice
- Risk assessment and market pricing of closed-end funds
- Quantitative risk management, particularly pension-plan asset-liability modelling, and modelling and management of longevity risk
- Monetary policy frameworks, techniques and strategies
- Interest-rate yield curve modelling
- Instrumental variables estimators and testing procedures
- Asset-pricing theory and consumption-based asset-pricing models