The CFI works in conjunction with practitioners from the financial services and other industries to drive relevant research.
In particular, the Centre seeks to obtain voluntary contributions from advisors from the local financial community in one or more of the following ways:
1) Giving guest lectures on the MSc in Investment Management and selected other appropriate courses.
2) Provision of suggestions for future research projects to the academic staff and PhD students.
3) Provision of suggested dissertation topics for MSc and undergraduate students.
4) Comment on work in progress and discussion papers of staff and PhD students at Heriot-Watt University.
5) Make suggestions for future advisors to the Centre (particularly if an advisor is leaving).
We are always looking to add to our team of advisors so if you are interested in contributing and hold a senior position related to finance then feel free to contact the Director of the Centre (email@example.com).